In a data loss situation, nerves are usually on edge. Personal or confidential data recovery service can no longer be accessed, time is of the essence. You want access again quickly, but what are the costs for companies or private users?
What Is The Cost Of A Data Recovery Service?
A blanket statement about Data Recovery Service costs cannot be made, as data recovery depends on several factors: It is not about the amount of data on a damaged storage medium or the storage capacity of the damaged device, but rather the time invested must be used to recover the data and files you need.
For example, it may take minutes to access 10TB of data from a virus infected hard drive, but several hours to days to salvage 5MB of important data from a smartphone severely damaged by fire. In the latter case, the cost of restoring would be higher, even if the amount of data is much smaller.
Data recovery is very expensive, right?
For some people or companies, Data Recovery Service may seem expensive. But if you take a closer look at what is behind the data recovery process, you can understand that it takes a lot of effort to stay up to date. The in-depth know-how of our data recovery and clean room engineers, who constantly have to undergo further training in relation to new models and, for example, virus variants, is reflected in a high recovery rate of around 90%.
A well-equipped data recovery service laboratory and clean room are also necessary for successful data recovery, as well as an extensive hard disk storage facility for spare parts that are required for Twitter data from old hard disks that are no longer available on the market.
In addition, Ontrack invests in research and technological development to ensure their techniques and tools are always up to date. This helps with data recovery of all kinds and even makes it possible to create individual data recovery tools for exotic cases, such as unusual back-up software variants or similar.
What affects the cost of data recovery service?
What a data recovery ultimately costs is influenced by the following factors:
- Spare Parts – A reputable data recovery company will have a well-stocked collection of spare parts that will be used if the storage medium needs to be repaired in order to be able to read the data afterwards. device can be used to recover the data. If certain parts are not in stock, new equipment must be purchased to get the spare parts needed for data recovery.
- Research and Development – Investing time and money in new tools and technologies helps a data recovery lab stay at the cutting edge of technology, given the rapid evolution of cyber attacks and ransomware attacks.
- Replacement device – Once the data is recovered, the technicians transfer it to a new storage medium and then send it to the customer.
- Quality Guarantee – Even after the data recovery is completed, the data needs to be checked to ensure that all the required data is working.
- Facilities and Infrastructure – The cost of data recovery service must cover not only the cost of running the business, but also the cost of the clean room, data recovery lab, tools, special equipment, and replacement parts.
- Data Protection – Data recovery companies handle large amounts of their customers’ data and need to keep it safe. The cost of training employees, maintaining IT security, and properly disposing of customer data must be included in the cost of data recovery.
- Customer Service – Every reputable data recovery company has a reliable customer service that supports and cares for the customers throughout the data recovery case.